Saturday, May 7, 2016

May Topic of the Month: Perfectionism

     On my theme for the month of battling perfectionism, I showed the kids this quick youtube clip from the Disney film "Meet the Robinson's". As Walt Disney said himself, "Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths". 
     They loved being able to watch a cartoon clip in their lesson, and we discussed it afterwards. They may not understand it fully yet, but I'm going to keep brainstorming to find different ways of approaching the topic. 
      How can I get the students to not make a big deal of their mess-ups and continue going in the music, without starting all the way over? Any ideas? I'd love to hear them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment